From the developers behind Anime Studio Simulator and Ascendant Hearts, grab your sword and shield for a classic fantasy adventure. Join Celeste in her journey to become a true knight in the JRPG inspired Eternal Radiance. Want to learn more? Full details due after the jump in this first edition of the “Creator Corner Spotlight”.
For centuries, the Ashen Order has protected the people of Darencia from monsters. Celeste, a young squire training to join the knighthood, is sent to the forest village of Ornwood to prove herself worthy by retrieving an ancient artifact that has corrupted the forest.
When a mysterious young woman steals the artifact before Celeste can take it, she fails her initiation. Determined to prove herself, Celeste leaves home to find the thief, reclaim the artifact, and become a knight.
But the outside world is much different than the isolated society Celeste grew up in, and she joins forces with the mercenary Valana and the researcher mage Ruby. Their journey takes them across a continent filled with mysterious ruins, remnants of an ancient civilization that crumbled ages ago. No one knows who they were or why they fell, and the stolen artifact is one of the few remaining relics from their era.
The more Celeste sees of the world, the more she questions not only her mission, but also the role of the knighthood. Is it right for them to remain separate from the rest of the world? Do they protect people as much as they claim, or have they prioritized the artifacts they seek above the lives of the people they claim to protect?
One thing is certain: the woman who took the artifact is no ordinary thief, and the stolen artifact is only the tip of a dark plot. A mysterious destiny ties them together, and this journey will change Celeste’s life forever.
- Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold.
- Exciting, Dynamic Battles – Take on a variety of enemies with an exciting action combat system. Plan your battles, unleash special attacks, and devastate your foes.
- Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
- Customization – Use an expansive talent tree to customize Celeste’s fighting style.
- Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Eternal Radiance. Dig deeper into the lore, help the people you meet, and join your party members as they resolve their personal struggles.
- Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
- Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
Despite the project not reaching the set Kickstarter goal, the Visualnoveler team are still working and committed on bringing a quality product. Even more so, they are still looking at the possibility of releasing the game not only on PC, but the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Of course, if you want to follow the game’s development and inclined to support it, you can do so with the links down below. Only time will tell how the project will shape up, but with two already quality games under their belts (that I really need to get around to), I am sure things will be left in capable hands.
Eternal Radiance Official Website
Eternal Radiance Kickstarter (Demo Available)
2 thoughts on “Creator Corner Spotlight: Eternal Radiance”
I like the character designs. Might check this one out.